Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Don't Like Apple Pie, Either

Alright, I've chosen today as the day I will officially come out of the closet.  Here goes: I am not a U2 fan.  Not even kind of.  Don't get me wrong-there are maybe three U2 songs that I can downright jam to, but a U2 fan?  Not so much.

I understand that I should not look a gift horse in the mouth, even if said gift horse is gifting me something I don't listen to on cloud storage I don't possess to promote ApplePay, something none of us can even utilise yet.  I'm not ungrateful, as a rule.  But how about giving us consumers the option the choose the band, like maybe between three choices?  Or even choose the U2 album; Joshua Tree wasn't too shabby.  Or an era perhaps?  Pre-Zooropa is hands down my choice there.

I hope I don't lose anyone's respect by outing myself today.  Yes, I know that Bono works for AIDS research.  No, I don't like AIDS more than Bono, so please don't ask.  That has nothing do do with liking the music.  I'll have you know that I don't like apple pie that much either.  No, I am not anti-American.  No, I do not support terrorism.  I don't find a lot of things that happen to be mainstream appealing.  Except cheeseburgers.  Cheeseburgers are fantastic.  Am I implying that you are anti-American and pro-AIDS if you don't like cheeseburgers?  No, I would never say that.  But it is food for thought.-M

No comments:

Post a Comment